Thursday, July 01, 2010

Dinner Last Night

Last night, I set out to make this delicious-looking and healthy recipe from Real Simple.  I adore my daily Real Simple e-mails that send me quotes, recipes and ideas.  Let's begin with the beautiful, magazine photo, shall we?


That looks awesome.  And now, for my version.

First, the veggies - purchased from my favorite produce stand in Center City.  And cheap. Spinach (which will also be used for another recipe tonight! More on that later...), Roma tomatoes, zucchini and a large red onion.



Making my first vinaigrette (!), which I marinated the chicken in and reserved half for dressing the salad.



I grilled everything up.  Beautiful weather for grilling last night, I might add. 



And look at those equally beautiful grill marks! 
(The red onions did not turn out as well. As I chopped them, they started to fall apart, so I placed them - along with the rest of the zuchinni, into a foil pouch and stuck them up on the top shelf-thingie of the grill. I'll have them as leftovers at some point!)



The finished product.  And, once again, I surprise myself with the fact that I actually can cook (sometimes.)



I rewarded my hard work and low-calorie dinner with dessert - of course.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails