Saturday, August 13, 2005

Lazy Saturday....I wish

Bleary-eyed but refreshed I am. I stayed in last night, watched some TV and talked with my Mom. I had to get to bed semi-early, I am traveling to New York today for Courtney's (roommate from college)wedding shower. The wedding is in October in Boston, that's where Court is from. Justin, her fiancee and also a friend of mine from Catholic, lives in Staten Island. So she is having 2 showers, one in Beantown (actually a suburb called Marshfield on the South Shore) and this one, thrown by Justin's mother. Its a Hawaiian theme. Should be really nice. I am driving (well not driving, but catching a ride) with Colleen and Colleen (2 other roommates, both from Philly area). We are heading into Manhattan (I am dreading this...New York is such a process), parking the car at yet another friend's apartment (Maybs), and meeting up with her and yet another roommate (Kerry, from Boston as well, Court's best friend and bridesmaid) and taking a cab to SI. I am tired already.

Another weekend in Sept, right before the wedding, there is a tradition that all of my friends from school participate in. Justin's favorite uncle, an NYC firefighter, perished in 9/11. He was on his way to go golfing with his brothers and was in the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel when he heard the call about the WTC under attack. He parked his truck in the tunnel, strapped on 70 pounds of gear (I think it was 70) and ran to the WTC. So they have this run/walk in honor of him every year. We run (I walk) the route that he did, its called Follow The Footsteps of a Hero. (chills) It's my favorite weekend. Check out the site Tunnel To Towers Run, And it's another weekend I have to save for and spend on hotel, transportation, and food/drinks/going out. The race itself is amazing...Maybe I will just go up for that this year. Hmmm....

Well I am off to get showered and ready. I have to pack a small overnight bag, as we are staying in Manhattan at Maybs' apartment and coming home in the morning. Long day/night/weekend. I am excited to see my friends!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails