Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beautiful Release

In the late 90's, Sarah McLachlan was like my bible.  Listened to her religiously.  Used her lyrics as my prayers.  Attended Lilith Fair like a faithful follower.  She spoke to me.

Joey was my high school boyf.  I guess you could say he was my first love..although, I am a believer that every time you are 'in love', it's different - because it's with a different person.  And hell, I was a different person then.  The way I was in my relationship with Joey is vastly different than how I am with H.  I mean, we're talking a ten year difference here.  Jeez, I feel old.

Anyway, Sarah and I - we got through the break-up with Joey together.  We went to retreat together, we graduated high school together.  She was my girl.

Listening to Coffee House Live on Sirius XM Online (aka my new BFF) and Sarah is the artist this week.  Taking me right back to 1999.  What I'd give ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails