Monday, February 25, 2008

Womanly and Inviting

The first time Jackie ever referred to my body as "womanly and inviting", I most likely spit out my drink. We probably both cracked up for a good 5 minutes and struggled to regain our breath. Although I know she was most likely serious and trying to deliver a compliment, we've both gone back to this phrase constantly, and it gets funnier every time.

In my 3rd, I think, week of going to the gym - faithfully (even weekends!) - I am finally starting to notice a bit of improvement. It has been undoubtedly slow, and I realize how much further I have to go. I am finding myself enjoying it, though. I actually want to go to the gym and I feel lazy if I don't. Never in my life did I think that I'd be an exercise advocate, but here I am.

Jack always told me it would get easier. She told me I would feel better, she told me I would get really into it and I might become a little addicted. She told me it would help with my arthritis.

Who knew? Maybe the next time Jackie tells me that my body is womanly and inviting, I will actually believe her...

2 comments:

Megan said...

"Womanly and inviting" comes in all shapes and sizes.

I love the way exercise makes me feel strong and beautiful. In that way it's very addictive.

Anonymous said...

"Womanly & inviting"???? LMFAO!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails