Thursday, February 14, 2008

Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink...

It's February 14th and our little office is a buzz with Valentine's day. Bagels from the sales team and Hershey Kisses from the Building - of which I've eaten at least 17 pieces. Of course, the day would not be complete without the quintessential V-Day indication - flowers. Bouquets dot the desks of quite a few of the lucky ladies I work with.

In reality, I was a little bummed about not having any special someone with whom to share the holiday. Yes, I realize how pathetic that sounds. So I let myself have a little pity party, table for 1 please, for just a few moments this morning. I joked with Barbra about when our flowers were arriving. She smiled painfully and joked back to me, "That's alright, we'll just plant our own flowers Kristen", and she laughed to herself. She didn't realize how right she was.

I'll plant my own...

2 comments:

- Dani said...

HA! I totally bought myself flowers today! And they are gorgeous!

Happy belated V Day!

Anonymous said...

V-Day = BAH HUMBUG!!!!
This holiday is SOOOOO overrated!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails