Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Foodie.

Funny, I was just thinking about this last night...how much I love to eat, how much I wish I could cook, how delighted I get when I actually throw something together that tastes halfway decent.

Then I saw Taza's post about food, her love of food, her love of bad food (me too!) and her new propensity for food blogs. She lists some faves and I will definitely be adding them to my reading list!

H works nights and so, most weeknights, I am left to my own devices in the kitchen. Sometimes, it's disasterous. Sometimes, it's McDonald's. And sometimes, it just works. A few weeks back I threw together a dish that I really enjoyed! I caramelized some onions and cooked sauteed them with some green peppers. At the same time, boiling whole wheat pasta. Then I added some red sauce, just a touch, to the veggies and some feta cheese. A little sour cream for its creaminess. I used some pre-packaged salmon as my protein and - presto! - a successful meal that was really good!

I took a picture of it and sent it to H. I have no idea why I do this. Maybe it's to prove that I can sometimes surprise myself in the kitchen. I take pictures of my food a lot. Evidence below.
Food Shot #1 - breakfast for dinner last night. Open face egg sandwich with pork roll and cheddar. Home fries with a bit of onion. Oh, and ketchup. Lots of it.

Food Shot #2 - the makings of a pizza I made for us as a late Saturday night snack a few weekends ago. Yes, lots of cheese. This was a Five Ingredient Fix recipe. Love that show.

Food Shot #3 - the concoction I described above, salmon and pasta with veggies.


What can I say, I guess I am an official foodie.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

My husband is not a fan of me taking pictures of our dinner. Mainly because he's standing there waiting for his plate and I'm running around opening the blinds to get bettter light. Thus, food gets cold.

Heaven = Pork roll with american cheese from the llanarch diner.

Related Posts with Thumbnails