Wednesday, May 26, 2010

525,600 Minutes


How do you measure a year?

One year ago, I was work work working my Wednesday away, anticipating a date I had later that night with a guy who I'd met at a concert in '07 and ran into again at a wedding in May '09.

One year ago, my phone lit up with a text around 1 pm or so asking what kind of wine I liked to drink and what time I wanted to go to dinner. And was Italian ok?

One year ago, my trusty black cotton dress* was the outfit of choice because I felt most comfortable in it, relaxed.

One year ago, texting Jackie the entire time from my little apartment, I got ready and waiting for him to come pick me up.

One year ago, we sat across from each other at a cozy Italian BYO.

One year ago, I had no idea what to expect.

One year ago, I had no idea what I wanted.

One year ago, I had no idea what I needed.

One year ago, I had butterflies.

Today, I still do :)

* I am wearing the same dress today! When something works, I hang onto it ;)
{image via Le Love}

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails