Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain all day, and I don't mind.

My (now, our) couch is big. It's over sized. You could get lost in it, or lose hours while laying there. It's huge. Good thing too...because yesterday, the whole world fit on it.

Our rainy Sunday was spent as Sundays should go...

...starting with a lazy morning in no rush to get up and do anything...next was errands, but I don't think running errands with your favorite person really qualifies as errands in the typical sense...we went to the grocery store and then to pick up laundry...then stopped for fast food since dinner wouldn't be for a few hours...the rain continued to beat the windows, we put the groceries away and started dinner...I was determined to make this Pot Roast...I watched it on the Food Network on Saturday...it looked so easy! And it was, not to mention delicious...the roast simmered and made the house smell awesome, we drank some Guinness and watched Man vs. Wild...Bear Grylls does things like willingly jumping into a freezing lake in the French Alps (to demonstrate how to get out, of course)...football...more beer...he made me a sandwich with leftovers for my lunch today...when I tried to get up around 7 pm to put the laundry away, I was summoned back to the couch, where I stayed for the rest of the night until going to bed at 10...

I can't wait to do it again next week.

"Can't you see that it's just rainin...
...Ain't no need to go outside..."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails