Friday, August 15, 2008

"writing you to catch you up on places I've been..."

Checking in from Laguna Beach, CA - also known as paradise on Earth.

I am sunburned and tired, in the best of ways.

My trip here went pretty flawlessly. I left Philly on a 7:30 am flight on Wednesday. Flew into LAX at about 10 am local time. My shuttle took me from LA to Laguna, and the last twenty minutes of the ride was along the coast - pretty amazing. The first of many amazing things, and more to come, as it's only Friday night. The guys are at the rehearsal and I am hanging in the room, listening to the waves and a party going on in the courtyard outside the huge, screenless windows.

When I was younger, I used to practically transcribe certain trips or parties - anytime I had so much fun I wanted to get it all down before it left my head. I have so many of these accounts in my journals from high school and college years. I guess this blog and my digital camera are the 2008 versions of those journals...

Laguna Beach itself, where I spent most of today. The waves are huge and the water temp. is just perfect.

My favorite spot in Laguna: this little park that overlooks the ocean.

The sun beginning to set...

Almost...

Putting the day away...


More to come, I hope, as we celebrate Jay and Mary's wedding tomorrow, and then I head out with Dana Mac to San Diego on Sunday to see the Phillies!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails